Common Core Summer Training - Math & ELA/Literacy
*IMPORTANT REGISTRATION UPDATES -- CLICK HERE*
The Tennessee Department of Education announces its Common Core State Standards training for Summer 2013, focusing on Math, ELA and Literacy (including Science, Social Studies/History and CTE). These trainings are designed to support the transition to full implementation of Common Core State Standards during the 2013-14 school year. Similar to the initial 3-8 math training in 2012, the training will focus on deepening teacher content knowledge and information about research-based instructional strategies to support student readiness for post-secondary and career success and the PARCC assessments.
Trainings will be offered on the following dates:
- *Registration will be available starting 8:00 A.M. (CST) on Monday, February 11.
- Math training will take place the weeks of June 18-21 and June 25-28.
- ELA/Literacy training will take place the weeks of July 9-11, July 16-18, and July 23-25.
- All trainings will take place at various host sites located in CORE Regions across the state.
- Registration is first-come, first served.
- Trainings are offered free of charge. Trainings will not include or provide meals, travel reimbursements, or stipends.
- More information on district and school team allotments, training content, and registration information can be found in this PowerPoint presentation.
- Trainings will be led by Common Core Coaches, current Tennessee educational professionals with a track record of increasing student achievement. Core Coaches are thoroughly trained and deliver a consistent curriculum across the state.
- Registration will close Friday, May 24 at 5:00 P.M. (CST).
For more information on individual courses, please select from below:
Math (K-8, 9-12 - including Algebra I, Algebra II and Geometry)
ELA & Literacy (including Science, Social Studies and CTE)
PLEASE NOTE: Registration is hosted by the Tennessee Department of Education's Conference & Event System. If you have registered and/or attended the LEAD 2012, TETC 2012, or Tennessee Federal Programs Directors conference, you may use your existing account. Otherwise, please create a new account to complete your application.